Friday, June 22, 2007

Overland rejection

Overland rejected my poem. I don't know why, I think it was because it wasn't flowery enough, it didn't have enough convoluted language or evasive imagery or something...wasn't lyrical enough? Academic enough? Surely it's political enough! In a sort of philosophically politically inverted, deconstructing the deconstructionist way...Guys, why don't you love me? You're breaking my heart here.

Postmodernism 101
What am I saying?
Well, let me think,
How can I put this so that you
understand?
I’ll just adjust my glasses…
now,
the way I see it, convergence with
supercilious prose, poetry and/or thought,
and the confluent inaction (or torpor,)
of obtuse communication
that declines, even renounces,
the elevated functions of ethical
discourse – that is, the abstract intent of –
meliorating benevolence is,
quite honestly,
above you.
Reality being subjective as such
and
Hitler having been just another
man with only a relative notion
of truth.
After all, common meaning is
only an historical myth,
and now we are ill-fated enough to
spend the rest of our days,
misunderstanding one another

does that help any?

No comments: